Recent Commercial Posts
Ringing in the New Year of 2019
As we settle into the new year, we wanted to give you an update on your local SERVPRO location.
New Team Members:
At the tail-end of 2018, our team gained four new compassionate team members who made the courageous decision to put peoples’ lives back together. Keiland Woodson, Jeremy Towsley, Chuck Frost, and Adam Koch have all jumped in as Production Technicians. We’re overjoyed to have them on board with us.
That’s not all that’s new. After a year of being good little helpers, Santa brought us a new piece of equipment! The Ultrasonic Cleaner has proven to be an efficient tool in the short time that we’ve had it. The superpowers of our Ultrasonic Cleaner include restoring fire, water, and mold damaged items and electronics back to their original state using non-toxic cleaning bubbles.
Prior to having this asset, our Production Technicians had to spend a large sum of time in our warehouse cleaning items by hand or in a small tub of SERVPRO cleaning solutions. However, now, we are able to send our Production Technicians out in the field at a faster rate. We anticipate using this piece of equipment for both residential and commercial losses because of its time-saving capabilities.
Emergency Ready Plan
Download the SERVPRO Ready Plan app today.
When thinking of a disaster, you hate to think that one would ever happen to you. However, it is very likely at some point in your life, you will be faced with some sort of loss in your home or business.
Have a plan.
SERVPRO has put together a program to prepare you for these life-changing events. It’s called the Emergency Ready Plan (ERP). This tool essentially collects the following information:
- Emergency contacts (name, phone, email)
- Main utility information (shut off locations for electric, gas, and water)
- Additional utility contact info (alarm systems, sprinklers, IT server, etc.)
- Insurance contact info
- Property overview (can include contents)
- Additional notes page for ANYTHING else homeowner/business owner wants to be included
The ERP boosts communication between all individuals alike involved in the restoration process.
To put it simply:
Think of an ERP as the key to get back into your house or business after a major loss. You probably already had an emergency exit plan, but what about the reentry process? No need to worry. That’s where the ERP comes to the rescue.
The ERP can be uploaded to your phone, home computer, or tablet via the mobile app called, “Ready Plan”. It is important to be able to access this information at any given time because life happens. One day your house is fine, and the next it’s not. You’ll want all this information handy and ready to go in case of an emergency.
By filling out an ERP, you are not married to doing business with us. In fact, we hope you never have to, but if you do, we’ll be ready with all the proper information ahead of time.
One last thing:
Perhaps the most important detail is that filling out the ERP takes 20 minutes, and it’s completely FREE. Not to mention if you have any questions, SERVPRO of Black Hawk County is here to help you fill it out because we care. We really do.
You can be RUINED, or you can be READY! Choose to be ready.
Visit https://ready.SERVPRO.com/Account/Register to fill out your ERP today.
SERVPRO 49th Annual Convention Takes Place in Florida
We brought the brand to life at the 49th Annual SERVPRO Convention!
Every year our SERVPRO Corporate Headquarters hosts a national meeting where franchises gather together to learn and network. Scott Demuth, owner of SERVPRO of Black Hawk County, and his family attended the week-long convention on behalf of our franchise.
The convention had many workshops during the week and was segmented for marketing, human resources, finance, production, office and technology, and executive departments. SERVPRO Corporate Trainers dedicate a majority of their time in the year to preparing for this convention to deliver the most relevant and helpful presentations.
One of the major points of the convention was integrating more advanced technology into our routine. For example, the use of iPads is a wonderful tool that many franchises take advantage of. Corporate suggested using this technology to take initial measurements, readings from equipment, and notes while onsite instead of the traditional pad and paper. SERVPRO of Black Hawk County has already taken the steps to fully integrate this method by the end of the summer. How exciting!
In addition to education and networking, this convention serves as a time to recognize hard work and dedication. This year SERVPRO awarded the Oregon/Northern CA/Western NV and the Woodlands/Conroe of Texas as the Franchisees of the Year.
We’re excited to celebrate SERVPRO’s 50th Annual Convention next year!
Using technology so you are READY not RUINED when disaster happens!
Preparing for the WORST, using technology, is the BEST way to be READY!
According to ready.gov, when a business suffers from a disaster the likelihood of reopening is only 60%.
When disaster comes, you can be ruined or you can be ready with the help of technology. The difference between those who make a comeback and those who don’t is preparedness. Here are some of the best ways to prepare for the worst.
- Backup online: Various services such as Google and Dropbox offer secure, online document storage. Backup your important computer files and/or images of important documents online where they can be recovered immediately.
- Stay informed: Follow local news, local government, FEMA and SERVPRO of Black Hawk County on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Mark yourself safe: Keep your family and friends up-to-date. Use Facebook’s Safety Check, or The American Red Cross’ Safe & Well site to mark yourself safe after you’ve been caught up in a natural disaster, or crisis situation.
- Update Contact Info: Maintain current contact information in your e-mail and phone for family and friends you may need to contact in the event of an emergency.
- Stay charged: Keep a portable charger charged up and ready to go in your home and vehicle. Solar powered chargers are available as an alternative to portable chargers. Solar chargers don’t require recharge and may be more reliable in the event of a natural disaster or crisis situation.
- Get an Emergency READY Plan (ERP) put together by SERVPRO of Black Hawk County.Give us a call to make an appointment to have an ERP- Ready Plan put together for YOU!
- Your local SERVPRO of Black Hawk County marketing department is specially trained to assist you in preparing an Emergency Ready Plan for your business. Our READY Plan software is available at no cost and once completed you can manage in online yourself through the READY Plan mobile app.
Restoring Your Black Hawk County Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Extracting water from a broken water pipe after it floods a business's basement before an event.
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Black Hawk County
SERVPRO of Black Hawk County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.