September - Prepared, Not Scared
A disaster can be scary but this year, Ready.gov’s theme for National Preparedness month is PREPARED, NOT SCARED.
Huge fires, loud thunderstorms, rising waters can all be extremely frightening but being prepared for it can definitely lessen the fear. SERVPRO can clean up materials after a disaster but there are some things that we can never restore, like someone’s life. It’s important that you and your family talk over the possibility of a flood, fire, or extreme weather situation to protect what matters the most.
Here are 7 things you can do to prepare for a Disaster.
- Make a savings plan for when a disaster strike.
- Review your Insurance Coverage.
- Talk to your Insurance agent about Flood Insurance.
- Document your personal property.
- Create an evacuation plan for your home in case of a disaster and practice it with your family.
- Create a family emergency kit that includes contact info, medication, and supplies.
- Have an emergency communication plan.
We are available 24/7 for your Emergency Needs! In case of a severe weather disaster in the community, we have a Storm Response Team on standby. If you don’t have a plan, it’s not too late to start.
Visit ready.gov/september for more information on how you can prepare for all types of disasters.