Different Mold Types Part 2
4. Aureobasidium: An allergenic mold type that can sometimes be found growing behind wallpaper or on painted or wooden surfaces.
5. Chaetomium: A mold commonly found in water-damaged homes and buildings. It has a cotton-like texture and usually changes colors over time.
6. Cladosporium: An allergenic mold type that can grow in both warm and cold conditions. It often is found thriving in indoor materials such as fabrics, upholsteries, and carpets.
7. Fusarium: An allergenic AND toxigenic mold type that grows in homes with water damage. It is capable of growing and spreading at cold temperatures.
8. Mucor: An allergenic form of mold that usually grows in thick patches and grows near air conditioning, HVAC systems, and ducting due to moisture from condensation.
9.Penicillin: An allergenic form of mold that is easily recognizable by its blue or green colored surface with a velvety texture, and it is often found in water damaged buildings.