Different Mold Types Part 1
2 Classifications of Harmful Molds:
- Allergenic: Molds that cause allergies and allergic reactions like asthma attacks.
- Toxigenic: Molds that produce toxic substances that can lead to dangerous conditions.
Different types of mold:
1. Acremonium: A toxigenic mold type that changes in its appearance over time, and it typically grows in humidifiers, cooling coils, drain pans, and window sealants.
2. Alternaria: The most common allergenic mold type in the world, and it typically grows wherever dampness occurs (showers, bathtubs, and below leaking sinks). It is very quick to spread.
3. Aspergillus: This allergenic mold type has the potential to become toxic, and it is commonly found in American households. There are over 1,885 species appearing in many different colors.
More mold types to come in another blog post.