Freeze Drying can save your valuable documents and important papers when they have been damaged by water!
SERVPRO Strong! That’s what I call our relationship with the rest of the SERVPRO franchises! We are unique in the fact that we all work together, sharing resources to better serve you!
One resource is large scale and portable document drying chambers. SERVPRO of Dubuque, Iowa offers a document restoration service. It’s true other restoration companies have this service, so what is the difference?
For starters, they have one of the only HIPAA certified document response crews in the area. If an event causes documents to get wet, response time is critical to stabilize the documents before they begin to degrade. Once the documents are frozen to stabilize them, we have plenty of time to discuss restoration options with the client.
The most effective method of restoration is vacuum freeze drying. The documents are brought under extreme vacuum to very low temperatures and sublimation will remove the moisture directly into a gas form.
SERVPRO of Dubuque has a large freeze drying chamber located in the Midwest, as well as access to one of the only mobile drying chambers in the country. The mobile unit can be delivered to a client’s building and the restoration can take place there. They are one of the only restoration companies that can accommodate this request.
Here is a list of items that can be salvaged using vacuum freeze drying:
- Books and manuscripts: coated papers, maps, parchment, pulp paper, drafting linens, text books, reference books, manuals
- Business/Personal records and documents: legal/bank/company files, patient and medical records, x-rays, engineering and architectural plans and drawings, catalogues, reference materials, certificates, contracts, passports, transcripts, tax records
- Historical and collectible items: archival documents, rare documents, maps, stamp collections, money collections
- Keepsakes: photographs, leather and hide items, newspaper articles, recipe books, cards, scrapbooks, baby books, wedding albums, yearbooks, baskets, awards & achievements
- Textiles: embroidery and needlework, silks, tapestries, flags
- Artwork: acrylic paintings, linen drawings, water colors.
SERVPRO of Black Hawk County utilizes these services. From a single file cabinet filled with personal financial documents to a warehouse full of documents, it can all be handled.
When you have SERVPRO of Black Hawk County cleaning and restoring your home or business, you will have a multitude of resources available to you! That’s the SERVPRO strong way!
Content provided by SERVPRO of Dubuque, 2017.