5 Tips to Winterize your Home.
Let’s get ready to WINTEEER!!
It’s time to wrestle Iowa’s winter to the ground with a ton of jackets, gloves, beanies, boots, scarves, and wool thick socks. With all the layers of clothes that you and I will be wearing, there’s no way “Stone Cold Frost Bite” is going to beat us, but what about our homes? Let’s talk about how you can WINTERIZE your home to avoid water or fire damage. (Ok, I’ll stop it with the wrestling analogy.)
You can avoid Frozen Pipes or Chimney caught on Fire with these 5 Tips.
- Remove the hose from outdoor spigots and stow away for winter.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts before winter.
- Apply caulk or weather stripping to windows that may have gaps.
- Replace the filter in your furnace.
- Check the health and cleanliness of your fireplace before igniting it for the first fire this season.
We hope this will help keep your home healthy from the cold weather. We also want to remind you that it’s a good idea to make sure you have a shovel and stock up on Ice Melt before a heavy snowfall.
Need Water Extraction or Fire Damage Cleanup?