Smoke Cleanup at South Tama Middle School
On August 5th, firefighters were called to South Tama Middle school in the middle of the night due to a fire. This fire originated in the boiler room which was located in the basement. Luckily the fire was contained. The school will receive a full smoke and odor clean up and some construction from SERVPRO of Cedar Rapids and us, SERVPRO of Black Hawk County.
LOCALLY OWNED BUT WITH A ONE TEAM MINDSET.
We received the call to be apart of this job a day after the incident from Co-Owner of SERVPRO of Cedar Rapids, Brett Kellogg. Our Owner Scott Demuth and Production Manager Brett Armfield quickly took off to Toledo, IA to assist in the full inspection of the fire damage. We are truly excited to be working as ONE TEAM with another franchise. This job may seem overwhelming to another cleanup and restoration business but not to SERVPRO! The school needs to be cleaned from top to bottom before August 16th, that means we only have 10 days to get this job done but we are ready and excited to meet the challenge. The team has taken the initiative to form a strategy to get South Tama Middle ready before their teacher’s planning day.
Here’s a low down on our plan.
- We have requested 20+ workers to help with the Cleanup process.
- We are setting up a tent for employee check-ins and equipment inventory.
- We are loading our truck with equipment and commercial cleaning products.
- We have 1-3 on-site supervisors making sure tasks are being met.
- We have employees removing tiles from the ceiling so we can remove smoke odor from all crevices.
- We are blasting soot or fire particles with a commercial garnet blaster.
- We are setting up various air movers on site.
- We will be in daily communications with the superintendent on our progress.
- We will clean every carpet in the building.
- We will do a full cleanup of the chimney.
Getting to the Finish Line with Ease.
Scott and Brett have a combined 11+ years of experience in restoration and cleanup services. We are eager to get this job done for the community and to continue building our brand as a business you can trust. For the next 2 weeks, our team will be working overtime to get this school looking “Like it never even happened.”